Go Dad Run Terms and Conditions
Updated 22nd November 2016
1. Applicable terms and conditions
Go Dad Ltd own the Go Dad Run Website, and any use made of this Website by You (including any registrations and donations made via the Website) is subject to these Website Terms.
We may amend these Website Terms at any time by updating the text of this page.
2. Use of the Website
Anyone may view any non-password protected parts of the Website and use it for their own purposes, provided:
it is only used for information purposes for your personal use only, and not for reproduction on any other website, nor for commercial gain or improper or malicious use;
any links created to the Website are notified to and approved by us before they are created; and
no part of the Website is copied, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means to any third party without our written permission.
3. Contacting us
If You wish to contact us for any reason, or have any enquiries or complaints about the Website then please address them to:
4. Third party websites
The Website contains links to websites operated by parties other than ourselves. Such links are provided for convenience only. We do not control such websites, and are not responsible for their content. Our inclusion of links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. You are responsible for evaluating the accuracy and completeness of any information contained on the third party websites, and also any goods and services offered.
Whilst we make all reasonable attempts to exclude viruses from the Website we cannot ensure such exclusion and no liability is accepted for damage caused through the downloading of viruses. Therefore, You are recommended to take all appropriate safeguards before downloading information from the Website.
6. Copyright and trade marks
Copyright in the Material is owned by Go Dad Ltd, or by our content suppliers. Unauthorised use of the Material, including reproduction, storage, modification, distribution or republication without our prior written consent or, where applicable, the respective copyright owner(s), is prohibited.
The names and logos of Go Dad Ltd and all related product and service names, designs marks and slogans are the trade names, service marks or trade marks of Go Dad Ltd and may not be used without our prior consent or, where applicable, Go Dad Ltd.
Although the Website uses encryption security software in areas where on line payment details are accepted, the security of information and payments transmitted via the internet cannot be guaranteed. Any loss incurred or sustained by You or any person who transmits information by means of email or other internet links shall be borne by You and in no event shall any such loss in whole or part be borne by us or our agents.
8. Availability of the Website
We may suspend, discontinue or change the Website or any part of it from time to time for repair or maintenance work, in order to update or upgrade the contents or functionality of the Website or for any other reason, without liability or giving notice to You. Access to or use of the Website or pages linked to it may be interrupted or contain errors.
By registering for a Go Dad Run 5k or 10k, event (each an “Event” and together “the Events”) you agree to abide by these rules. Please check this page from time to time, as we may occasionally amend these rules and any changes will be binding on you. By registering for an Event you also agree to abide by any instructions or regulations displayed or given on the day of the event by police and officials.
All the Events are organised by Go Dad Ltd
1. The Events are Male-only events. Go Dad Ltd reserves the right to ask female participants to withdraw from any Event.
2. Each Event is also subject to various age restrictions as set out below. Participants must be able to provide proof of age on the day of the relevant Event. Go Dad Ltd reserves the right to refuse entry to an Event, with no refund, to any participant is under age, or is unable to provide proof of age when requested to do so by an Event official.
3. Go Dad Ltd will only accept entries to an Event on the day where we are satisfied that it is safe to do so, given that each Event has an allocated capacity that each Event team must adhere to and the contact details for all participants must be held in advance in the case of an emergency.
Boys between the ages of 0 and 15 years old
cannot enter individually
must be entered as an additional entrant, where the primary entrant is over 18 and has the permission of the parent or legal guardian of the additional entrant
must give contact details for the parent or legal guardian
cannot be a group leader
16 and 17-year-old boys
can enter individually
do not need parent or legal guardian details
can be a group leader
cannot enter participants under 16
Men aged 18 and over
can enter individually
do not need parent or legal guardian details
can be the primary entrant for multiple entries
can be a group leader
can be the primary entrant for an additional entrant under 16
Only registered participants are eligible to take part in Go Dad Run 5k & 10k events. Men wishing to bring children under the age of 10 do not have to register their child and they can come along free of charge.
However, please note that Go Dad Ltd only has sufficient numbers of Timing Chips, T-shirts, Y-fronts and Goodie Bags to provide these to registered participants, and therefore we are unable to guarantee provide these to children under 10 years old. They will, however, receive a medal when they cross the finish line!.
For health and safety reasons parents are advised not to allow children under the age of 3 years old to play with the medals.
1. Unfortunately, given the limited number of spaces for each Event, all entry fees are non-refundable unless Go Dad Ltd materially changes an Event in terms of venue, time and/or date and you are no longer able to attend, or if we cancel an Event altogether.
Go Dad Run 5k
£16.50 for men who are 18 years old or older on the day of the Event (not when applying to enter Go Dad Run)
£11.50 for boys who are between the ages of 10 and 17 years old on the day of the Event (not when applying to enter Go Dad Run).
Children under 10 years old are free of charge
Go Dad Run 10k
£21.50 for men who are 16 years old or older on the day of the Event (not when applying to enter the Event)
2. Entry fees are fixed unless a promotional or corporate voucher is used which covers all or some of the entry fee.
3. Your place at an Event will not be confirmed until your payment has been processed and you have received an email from us acknowledging that a place has been saved for you at the relevant Event.
4. Please note that 'earlybird' promotional fees may be available when registration first opens for each Event. These fees will be discretionary and Go Dad Ltd reserves the right to change the prices and the duration of the promotion at any time.
1. All events are suitable for participants wanting to take part in an Event in a wheelchair.
2. Unfortunately, mobility scooters are not allowed to take part in Events. The health and safety of our participants is very important to us and we cannot guarantee that each type of mobility scooter will be able to manoeuvre all course routes.
3. Participants can take part in Go Dad Run 5k & 10k with prams/strollers. All participants who are bringing a pram/stroller to the event should use the pram/stroller to accommodate their child and follow instructions given by the Area Event Manager and officials on the day to include starting the event at the back of the walkers to ease congestion.
Changes and Last Minute Arrangements
1. For safety reasons participants arriving late must abide by the instructions and decisions of the Event Manager or their representative at the admin tent; for health and safety reasons it is possible that latecomers will not be permitted to take part.
2. Go Dad Ltd reserves the right to reduce or alter Event courses to accommodate any unexpected complications on the day that may have an impact on Go Dad Ltd staff, participants, volunteers and spectators.
1. Go Dad Ltd respectfully asks that all participants and supporters do not use aggressive or abusive language towards our organisers, marshals, officials and volunteers.
2. Go Dad Ltd asks that all participants and supporters refrain from smoking at all Events.
3. Go Dad Ltd respectfully asks that all participants and supporters use the litter and recycling facilities available within the venues and around the course. Please do not drop litter, but carry it with you until you can dispose of it responsibly.
4. Go Dad Ltd reserves the right to ask participants to leave the Event if they do not adhere to these rules.
Health & Safety and Medical
1. All the Events are non-competitive, non-UKA accredited walks, jogs or runs.
2. Any participant unsure of their physical ability to take part in an Event must seek medical advice from a General Practitioner prior to the Event.
3. Participants are responsible for ensuring that they are wearing appropriate attire (including footwear) when taking part in an Event, taking into account the nature of the Event, the weather forecast and the terrain involved.
4. All participants must write the following on the reverse of their official Go Dad Run number, which must be worn on the front of shirts during the Event:
the details of any health problems or current medication
the name and number of a person to contact in case of an emergency
5. First aid facilities will be provided at the Events.
6. In the case of an emergency, participants agree that Go Dad Ltd may pass the personal details provided by a participant to the emergency services and/or health care professionals, and use them for the purposes of contacting a participant’s emergency contact.
7. Go Dad Ltd takes all reasonable steps to minimise the risk of injury to participants during fundraising events. There is a stringent risk assessment process in place for each and every Event which aims to minimise or eliminate the risk to everyone taking part. By taking part in an Event, all participants acknowledge that there may be conditions or circumstances beyond our control that can lead to unforeseen risks. If you have any concerns or queries please contact us before agreeing to take part in an Event.
8. Go Dad Ltd reserves the right to refuse entry to an Event if for whatever reason it deems a person unfit to take part.
Sponsorship Money and Donations
All participants have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship monies/donations received in connection with an Event are paid to our official charity partners and we ask that you do this as soon as possible after the Event that you take part in.
Details of all 11 of our official charity partners and links to their websites where you can find their full contact details are on the Go Dad Run website.
2. Please note that we are unable to accept your sponsorship money on the day of the Event as Go Dad Ltd does not have the suitable cash handling facilities to fulfil this process.Filming and Photography at the Events
1. By taking part, all participants, volunteers and spectators confirm that they are happy for their names and any video footage, stills or photographs taken during their participation of the Events by Go Dad Ltd or our third party partners to be used to publicise the event, by Go Dad Ltd for commercial and fundraising purposes and by our third party partners for their own commercial and marketing purposes. This may include, but is not limited to, television broadcasts, publications, marketing material and other documents that may be made available to the public.
Photographs of children will not be used in this manner without a parent’s or legal guardians written consent. However, we may use images where children are incidentally included for example, of mass participation in the warm-up exercises, on the starting line or as a general photo on the course. No personal details (including names) of an under 16-year-old participant will be used in any publicity materials without the written consent of their parent or legal guardian. We will not provide participants’ personal details to third parties.
2. By registering a participant under the age of 16 (or allowing an under 16 year old to take part in an Event), you confirm that their parent/legal guardian is happy for their images to be used in the manner described in these rules.
3. Go Dad Ltd and its authorised partners may appoint third party photographers to take photographs at the Events. All participants agree that their photographs may be sent to them, to other people featured in their photographs and to children’s parents/legal guardians where children are featured in their photos.
4. If you do not wish your photograph taken, please tell the photographer on the day.
5. All third party photographers at the Events have been instructed to ask for parental/guardian permission before taking any individual photographs of children at the event. Whilst photographers/videographers will try to obtain parental/legal guardian’s consent before taking images where children are more than just incidentally included, this cannot be guaranteed. This does not include photography of crowd shots, when permission will not be sought.
1. Use of the Go Dad Run website is subject to our website terms and conditions.
2. All participants enter an Event entirely at their own risk. Go Dad Ltd shall not be liable for any injury or loss to participants or their property that might occur as a result of their participation in an Event, other than in respect of any injury or loss arising as a result of Go Dad Ltd negligence.
3. All spectators attending an Event do so entirely at their own risk. Go Dad Ltd shall not be liable for any injury or loss that might occur as a result of their attendance other than in respect of any injury or loss arising out of Go Dad Ltd negligence.